Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bound, Shot Dog Buried Alive, Survives

Papenfuss, Mary. "Bound, Shot Dog Buried Alive, Survives." Newser. N.p., 27 May 2011. Web. 28 Sept. 2011.

In Malta, a small female dog was found buried alive up to her muzzle. The rescuers recovered the small dog only to find that her legs and muzzle had been bound together and she had over forty pellets that had been shot into her head. Malta police are trying to find the abusers and are debating a higher penalty for abusing animals. The author's intent of this piece is to inform and educate readers on happenings in Malta and tell about horrible abuse animals take everyday. For example, the author states, "a female dog was found pound and whimpering with gunshot wounds to her head." Papenfuss does not express any biases in this article; he is simply telling readers about a specific issue. This is a depressing and gut-wrenching article that talks about an issue that occurs everywhere, everyday.

This would be a good subject for me. I am very passionate about animals and it breaks my heart hearing of their mistreatment. I will do anything to keep an animal safe and healthy and would help any animal in need of caring. I don't especially enjoy reading about animal abuse; however, it urges me to try and prevent animal abuse the best way I can. This subject may be appropriate for others too. I know I am not the only one that loves animals and I think articles like this will allow some to emotionally attach.

2 comments:

  1. This must have been terrible to read about! You did a good job summarizing it, but I just can't imagine reading the article. I think animal abuse would be a good topic to write about since it does happen everyday and you can research it very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick, why do people do such weird and horrible things?! This is a super easy issue to elaborate on. There are literally thousands of instances similar to this, as heart wrenching as it is to say so. This is a terrible topic, and a great one as well. I suggest further research because this could very easily become a paper one day. Grr8 job! :)

    ReplyDelete